Chicago Medical Error Attorneys
Doctors and other medical professionals have a duty of care to their patients. They are also required to continue learning throughout their careers. Negligent medical treatment or failure to stay on top of new medical procedures and discoveries can result in preventable mistakes and injuries.
If you have questions regarding medical errors and mistakes, you need an experienced attorney with the knowledge to handle your medically-related claim. A skilled Chicago medical errors lawyer can help you pursue justice and compensation after a doctor’s, dentist’s, pharmacist’s, or psychiatrist’s malpractice.
Do you suspect that problems relating to failure to diagnose cancer or care, preventable birth injuries, medications or antibiotics used after plastic surgery are related to physician error? Have you lost a loved one to suicide after he or she received treatment from a psychiatrist or psychologist? Did your doctor misdiagnose an infection or a heart condition?
Call 312-332-1586, toll-free at 800-886-1586 or email JBSLawOff@aol.com.
A Record of Success in Health Care Negligence Cases
At the Law Offices of John B. Schwartz & Associates, in downtown Chicago, we have successfully handled thousands of personal injury cases, including numerous medical malpractice claims before the Illinois Supreme Court. A few of our successful results include:
- $2.5 million settlement for a 55-year-old woman who suffered injuries during a plastic surgery involving an uncertified anesthesiologist
- Settlement of approximately $25 million for anesthesia errors that caused a 20-year-old to become comatose
- Payout in excess of $7 million for an infant suffering brain damage due to the failure to supply vitamin K at birth to prevent bleeding
- Wrongful death settlement of $2 million due to failure to diagnose a 77-year- old with low hemoglobin levels prior to surgery
- Confidential settlement for the death of a one-month-old infant due to the failure of the pediatrician to recognize hormone insufficiency
- $500,000 settlement for a 57-year-old breast cancer survivor whose tumor was not identified for one year, but who has survived
- Highest verdict at trial for needless removal of a gallbladder
- $1 million settlement for a foot amputation that occurred due to the podiatrist’s failure to diagnose and treat a bone infection
- $350,000 settlement for a minor patient who was the victim of sexual touching by an adult patient in the hospital after visiting hours
- Illinois Supreme Court ruled in our favor when a client required amputation due to negligence of the orthopedic surgeon, plastic surgeon and vascular surgeon in failing to treat the complications.
Experienced Chicagoland Attorneys Helping You With Failure to Diagnose and Medical Error
The attorneys at our firm have practiced law for a combined 68 years and have helped clients secure compensation for injuries caused by medical malpractice or defective drugs, including errors and negligence involving:
- Failure to diagnose, examine, provide treatment and prescribe medication
- Failure to provide warnings of risks and obtain patient consent
- Failure to properly supervise staff and use appropriate hospital services
- Failure to promptly provide medical care
- Failure to fulfill the correct prescription and pharmacy errors
Doctors’ explanations of questionable medical results may be misleading. You need counsel from an experienced and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyer.
Contact Us — Free Consultation
If you have questions regarding medical or pharmaceutical malpractice, contact the Law Offices of John B. Schwartz & Associates. We offer free initial consultations, are available for Saturday appointments, and are easily located in downtown Chicago.
We handle most of our injury litigation on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you pay no attorney’s fees unless we successfully resolve your case. To speak with a lawyer about failure to diagnose or other malpractice claims, call 312-332-1586, 800-886-1586 or email JBSLawOff@aol.com.