Chicago Product Liability Attorneys
Injured by a Defective or Dangerous Product?
Cases involving products liability can bring immediate confusion. Is the product defective? How exactly did it fail? Did the failure directly cause the injury? Who is liable for the injury? Was it a design or manufacturing defect? Was the distributor or retail seller in any way at fault? Most importantly, who can help me recover the financial compensation I need and deserve for my injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one?
At the Law Offices of John B. Schwartz & Associates, our Chicago-based personal injury lawyers have successfully handled hundreds of personal injury cases involving dangerous products. Contact us if you have you been injured by:
- A motor vehicle or auto part
- Production machinery, workplace gear, stamping equipment or other workplace equipment
- A household or outdoor product like a lawnmower, treadmill or power tool
- A medication or drug that did not work in the way it was intended
The attorneys of the Law Offices of John B. Schwartz & Associates have a combined 51 years of personal injury legal experience, and have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for clients following products liability injuries. Several recent cases illustrate our effectiveness:
- Our client was driving a car when the steering failed, resulting in a car crash and injuries to her eyes and face. The case went to the Illinois Supreme Court and settled out of court for a sizeable settlement.
- Our client worked as a firefighter and was attempting to retrieve water from the vehicle. The poorly designed system led to severe injuries to our client’s legs. We settled the case with the truck’s manufacturer for a large and confidential sum.
- Our client drove a city truck for a local municipality. While performing his duties, a collision occurred, resulting in injuries that were greatly exacerbated by the fact that the seat belt failed. We settled the case against the manufacturer for a six-figure sum.
- Our client an employee sitting in an armored truck involved in a crash died due to unprotected interior objects of the truck, case was settled with waiver of workman’s compensation lien and a $1,000,000.00 payment.
- We successfully defended an ambulance medical supply company for causing death of an infant due to supplying of a defective breathing monitor.
Lawyer John B. Schwartz is listed in Martindale-Hubbell’s Preeminent Register of Attorneys and has worked as a claims manager, insurance adjustor and legal defense counsel for several insurance companies. We know how insurance companies attempt to reduce or deny payment, and we can aggressively defend you in negotiations, mediation or in court. We have also assisted business owners and manufacturers in defending litigation related to workers’ injuries. For more information, contact our firm for a free initial consultation.
If you have questions regarding product safety issues, product defects or products liability, contact the Law Offices of John B. Schwartz & Associates. We are available for Saturday appointments and are easily located in downtown Chicago.
We handle most of our injury litigation on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you pay no attorney’s fees unless we successfully resolve your case. To contact our firm, call 312-332-1586, 800-886-1586 or email JBSLawOff@aol.com.