Chicago Slip Trip and Fall Injury Lawyers
Slip Trip and Fall injuries can sound minor but if you have injured muscles, ligaments, bones or your back after falling on public or private property, you know how serious these injuries can be.
At the Law Offices of John B. Schwartz & Associates, our lawyer team has practiced premises
liability and personal injury law for a combined 52 years. Our team includes a Life Fellow of the Chicago Bar Foundation and
an attorney who is AV* Preeminent Peer Review Rated.
Have you been injured in a premises liability or slip trip and fall accident? Do you have questions regarding your rights after being injured on dangerous property?
Call our Chicago slip-and-fall injury attorneys at
312-332-1586, toll-free at 800-886-1586 or email JBSLawOff@aol.com.
Help With Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents — Chicagoland Personal Injury Attorney
From our offices in Chicago, we can provide the experienced, knowledgeable and effective personal injury legal services you need after being injured in another person’s property, including:
- Malls, grocery stores and retail stores
- Private homes
- Public stairs
- Planes, buses, trains and taxis
- Apartment complexes
- Parking lots, city sidewalks, playgrounds
- Common areas maintained by condominium or townhouse associations
Snow-ice cases may be the basis for a claim. The law allows recovery in some cases.
A Legal Duty to Make Sure Your Property Is Safe
Property owners, managers, janitors, and engineers have a reasonable responsibility to provide security and adequate lighting, to maintain stairs, sidewalks, floors and other areas, and to keep areas free of debris and other hazards. Airlines, bus companies, railroads and taxi companies have an additional “degree of care” standard that they must meet.
When companies and owners fail to keep property safe and injuries result, we can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Here are a few examples of cases in which we have successfully represented injured individuals with slip trip and fall injuries:
- A family received a substantial settlement after being assaulted on rental property because the landlord failed to provide adequate safety and secure entrances.
- A confidential six-figure settlement for our client after she fell and broke a hip on a dangerous and broken sidewalk.
- A $425,000 settlement for a firefighter/paramedic who suffered a knee cartilage injury when stairs collapsed during a safety inspection.
- A $237,000 verdict for a paramedic who fractured an ankle slipping on ice during an emergency call.
- A $275,000 settlement for a paramedic/firefighter injured by a gas explosion caused by improper drilling by a cable company.
- Our client was injured in a Wal-Mart store. The case settled once we obtained documentation that Wal-Mart had faced over 39,000 similar cases over a 10-year period!
- Firefighter-EMT knee reinjured due to hospital not maintaining its sidewalk by ER entrance resulting in $200,000
Injuries From Ice and Snow Hazards
Is there a leak from a gutter/downspout that’s forming into ice? Has melting snow caused an icy sidewalk, parking lot or stairway? Has a property owner’s snow removal made the ice worse and caused you to slip, trip or fall?
We can help you determine if you have a claim against a property owner if you suffered injuries after falling on ice, such as bone fractures, head injuries or back injuries.
Contact Us — Free Consultation
If you have questions regarding slip-and-fall injuries on public or private property, including “big box” retailers like Wal-Mart, Costco and Macy’s, contact the Law Offices of John B. Schwartz & Associates. We offer free initial consultations, are available for Saturday appointments, and are easily located in downtown Chicago.
We handle most of our injury litigation on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you pay no attorney’s fees unless we successfully resolve your case. To speak with a personal injury lawyer at our Chicago firm, call 312-332-1586, toll free at 800-886-1586 or email JBSLawOff@aol.com.